Monday, January 17, 2011

Supermom Burnout


Oh dear !  I have been there myself.  Trying to do it all and falling flat on my tush.  With all the best intentions in the world we strive to be everything to everyone.  I sometimes wish my mother's generation hadn't tried so hard for equality because I think in someways it back-fired. 


Many women feel so overwhelmed by ALL that they have to do they begin to feel resentful. Full-time jobs, family, housekeeping etc etc.  How I wish there were more hours in the day.


OK so breathe!  You don't have to be perfect and neither do your children. Let your guard down a little and play with them - one on one.  Appreciate them for who they are at this moment.  Perfection should not be expected for you or your children. 


So during the colder days of winter when we are all feeling a little cabin fever, take some time to reflect on all the amazing attributes you and your family have and don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment